Friday, May 27, 2011

The Call

The other day I missed a call from a 402 number and I immediately recognized that it was Davis School District. I didn't have a voicemail so I just thought no big deal. Later that day I received a text from one of my friends saying she got a call from the same number for a job interview for second grade. I immediately called the number and sure enough the spots were filled. They only interviewed the first few people that picked up the phone. I was so upset. I guess there is something better......

Sure enough I was right. I received a call the next day from Mr. Denhalter. The principal at Hannah Holbrook Elementary. The position again was for a second grade.

The interview went really well. The second grade teachers were so nice. As I walked out of Mr. Denhalter's office I felt discourage. I felt that I could have said things a lot better. I went home and had a bad feeling that I didn't get the job. I told myself that I can't worry about it.

Well I didn't have to worry long because I received another call from Mr. Denhalter the next day. He said he wanted to meet with me and just talk about a few things. I didn't know what to think. I didn't know if he still wasn't sure or if I was being turned down.

I can now say that I am a Second Grade Teacher at Hannah Holbrook Elementary.

Here are the fun, cute teachers I will be working with. (Mrs. Rafferty is not pictured.)


I get to work with my mom and could not be more excited. Who would have thought that I would be working right across the hall from my mom. We will have so much fun!

I am so lucky to have a job. I landed my dream job and can't wait to start preparing for August.



1 comment:

  1. !!!!!!!! Wow! That's so exciting for you! My sister taught first grade and absolutely loved it. She always came home with cute stories about the kids. You're going to have so much fun. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete